Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy as a persimmon in poo

People that know me know that I happen to have an affection for fruit trees, the more I can manage to cram in, the happier I am. This can sometimes cause problems between Rico "I just want some space to hit the cricket ball" and myself. But sometimes our wishes can coincide. See, Rico loves eating persimmons and I love planting persimmons, so yay, compromise time. So on the afore-posted trip, I loaded up the back of the car with some quality, aged cow poo (bloody cheap at 2 bucks a bag!) and was able to get away with causing a somwhat ripe smell in the car for a few days, because "it was all for the persimmon!". (Oh, all those other bags, well I need some for the other trees, my tomatoes, my roses....but mainly for the persimmon)
Anyway, we had a fun time planting the new (non-astringent) persimmon with little Gemma. So hopefully when she's big enough to pick 'em, the tree will be big enough to produce 'em. (Got to get her on my side - fruit trees are ace! - early).

No comments:

Post a Comment